The handle of the CHROMA type 301 – Design by F.A. Porsche is constructed of stainless steel, and the blade is made of high-quality Japanese 301 steel. The blade of each knife is carefully razorsharp sharpened by the hand of a master.
The advantages Type 301 are:
- An ergonomic handle – designed by F.A. Porsche working with the chef of the decade, Jörg Wörther
- A metal “pearl” that clearly demarcates the end of the handle, for better control when cutting
- A seamless perfection and hygienic transition from blade to handle
- A special grinding method is used, so the knife stays sharp longer and is easier to sharpen
- That it is beloved by famous gourmet chefs
- The out of the box sharpness is one of the best in the industry
Please note the following instructions to insure the knife remains in optimal condition for years to come:
- Never place the knife in the dishwasher. Hand wash and dry after every use.
- Regularly sharpen the knife using the original Type 301 whetstone. Under no circumstances should a sharpening steel be used, as it will damage the blade.
- Store the knife in a safe, secure manner, for example, in a knife block so the blade is not left exposed.
- Only use wooden or plastic cutting boards, never marble or glass when cutting with a Type 301.
- Only use the knife to prepare food. Do not use it to cut frozen foods, bones, or as a utility knife.
Ideally, the knife should be sharpened daily (for professional cooks) or about every six months (for hobby cooks), and by the same person each time. Each person has an individual angle at which he or she sharpens the knife. The blade of the knife becomes sharper each time it is sharpened in the same manner, by the same person. Read the instructions included with your whetstone carefully. Sharpening with a 301 whetstone is so simple that even beginners can quickly master the technique required.
Knives with a serrated blade, such as the bread and tomato knives, should only be sharpened by a certified professional.